Sunday, April 24, 2016

Did you grow up to use the Post Office?

This is a post office as I happened on it at Lekki some days ago, actually, some weeks ago and I have not had the time to tell you about it. For those of us who were around in the 80s, we sure had the time of our lives using the Post Office before the Yahoos and the entire social media boom came calling. I used to receive letters and packages from pen pals overseas and most importantly from Bible Societies. These Bible societies sends us tracks and bibles and some other gospel materials and whoever receives such things those days will always be the envy of his friends. See more pictures below...
This particular Post Office is on the Admiralty Road in Lekki Peninsula and I just wonder if its still in use of just dying away like every other National legacy? We used to have things that were the symbol of our Nationhood, but today, we are having less and less of these and I just wonder why??? How can we ensure that these things are relevant again? Is this particular Post Office operational? (Sorry, I didn't see anyone around to ask).
 
Oh.., Nostalgia! Nostalgia!! Nostalgia!!!
 
Do you know I received my very first love letter from a secondary school girlfriend through the post office? Our Post Office address then was P.O Box 86. yea, I remember very clearly like it was yesterday, and when I received that 'love letter' I was so excited that I made sure to let all my friends see it and also I was careful not to allow the stamps come off.
What is your Post Office experience? Did you grow up in the 80s? or are you currently using a Post Office as well? Can you remember the first package or letter you received through the Post Office? What was or is your Post Office address? Please drop your comments in the comment section and lets have some fun..
Nostalgia! Nostalgia!! Nostalgia!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment