Wednesday, April 20, 2016

True Series: Please help me! This PA job no different from Houseboy

True Series
So I have to say something about this whole fancy house boy/girl job lots of us do and pretend to be better off. The true definition or let me say, the definition of the word PA which in full means "Personal Assistant" says a secretary or administrative assistant working exclusively for one particular person. So if you ask me, what is different from the role of a house help?
Ok, I have been working with this very kind and equally very gorgeous lady for about months now and o make it 'easy for her' she got me an accommodation inside her house and I have to stay at the BQ, which to me was really great especially since I needed a place to stay after finishing my youth service and returning to Lagos from far far North. I got this job and was happy, but now it makes me feel I am working as a house boy.

I travel with the boss and also run weird errands at late hours like going to get cigarettes, hemps, drinks, food etc for clients and sometimes personal friends. And I have had to go get a tampon for one of my bosses friends who suddenly started seeing her 'period' while on a visit.  I have had to go pick up madam's boyfriend from the school and even took him around town in order for him to get "something". One of the most annoying is that the 300level university boy who I am older than and who is by the way my bosses' toy boy had the effrontery to give me his clothes to launder and I was like "what the fuck?".
He even was explaining to me how it should be done. I politely declined the message and told him that wasn't my job description and the toy went to tell my boss who went bananas with me and asked that I get that think done immediately.

So wetin I suppose do. I had to do it and since then, my duties have become more of errandy than professional.
What do I do? If I revolt I will have to leave the job and then loose the accommodation which is actually in VGC and that kind of puts a 'fancy tune' to my address.
If I don't, I may just be called by my boss to come wipe her arse. please I need help and advice what do I do? I don't want to loose the accommodation, free food and the job.

Please help me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment