Monday, April 18, 2016

Live at the Ikoyi Passport Office (photos)

Ok, so I am at the Ikoyi Passport office to help a friend get her house help a passport and I am awed by the crowd here and the humbleness Nigerians exhibit here is amazing. I mean if you misbehave, you may be declined a passport and you have to behave and swallow the 'shit' anybody gives you until you get your kpally nau. No its not for me o jare, I have a passport and mine was done in Port Harcourt so this is about me being at the Passport office and giving you the details as I see it first hand. Its been over 2 hours and as at the time of this post, the lady was just called in for her data to be captured.

On meeting the 'contact' of my friend, he told us that the 32 booklet was not available and that we can get the 64booklet for N35k while the 32booklet can be done for N29k. I wondered at the amount it cost to do the passport. I mean when I did mine in 2011 it was a little close to N20k.
But then that amount still has not stopped Nigerians from aspiring to travel overseas which makes the Ikoyi passport office one of the most visited government offices in Lagos. if it were to be measured in online language, the office will be clocking over 100k views in 6 hours and that is a lot of money.

O men.., the crowd is crazy, there is this waiting room as you can see in the photos, people are patiently waiting to get their passports.
I am sure there are reasons why people want to travel from Naija and seek greener pastures outside the shores of motherland, but do you blame them? When the country looks set to continually make no provisions to cater for the welfare of the people, there will be left no option than to checkout like Andrew. Do you remember that music from the 90s?
Nostalgia....Chai, that song was a banger back then. 
*Andrew no checkout o, stay and help your country, Nigeria go survive.* (I have to find that music and upload it here for you guys to listen. That was Onyeka Onwenu and I am very sure Andrew will be unhappy with her for making him not to leave when he wanted to.
This Ikoyi Passport office crowd is crazy and I am just thinking out loud why so many people trying to get their passports? I know I am here to help a friend get for her help, but hers is in preparation for a trip and she needs the someone to look after the children. What about the other many Nigerians paying so much to get the passport and also do you know taking a passport photo here costs between N500 to N1000? Well, the guy was talking about an increase in the "booklet" they use to wash passport photograph.

This is my Nigeiran and I am proud to be a carrier of the Green kpally.
And there is a click or cabal if you may that does the whole passport racket, but that is for another day. Have you done your own passport yet???
 

No comments:

Post a Comment